Short Course In Latex Technology (SCLT) 2023 – 19 – 23 June 2023
INTRODUCTION TO SCLT
With the advent of new viral infectious strains like Omicron, the medical glove industry will now see new areas of growth. Although production capacities (including new ventures) now exceed demand, it is the time when this manufacturing sector can prepare to upgrade and find training opportunities for their production and technical staff. Rudiments of latex processing particularly in dip technology employed by all glove and associated products is a complex combination of science and ability to use this science in the most fruitful manner. Producing on a set plate of SOPs handed down by previous seniors will not suffice to meet demands of better quality at lower costs. Understanding relationships between raw materials, processing and manufacturing equipment limitations is necessary to allow personnel running the show to be equipped with sufficient knowledge to manage new problems that can arise.
This short course in latex technology will focus on the essential science behind making products from latex with focus on the dipping process. The principal component i.e. latex is a complex colloid that is particularly sensitive to its environment, additions made to it in the process of compounding for performance and all the different stages of stress related processes it has to encounter in its journey to a qualified product. It is worthwhile to know how to manage and control the variables in this complex technology, even as present day equipment have reached new heights in many stages of the process.
Objectives of this training:
· To introduce the concept of colloidal demands of latex for a stable processing intermediate.
· Learn about the wide performance abilities of natural and synthetic latices in many products.
· Gain basic knowledge of the network building in the polymers through the vulcanization process, so necessary for long lasting performance.
· Participants learn about the functions of components and how to put them together into latex in the most effective way.
· Dip technology in the practical approach, highlighting the different behaviour between natural and nitrile latex dipping processes.
· Essentials in a dip line design and components selection for continuous and batch processing.
·Experience practical tips on production processing with laboratory demonstrations.
DOWNLOAD BROCHURE & REGISTRATION FORM
PRIM COMMITTEE 2023 – 2025
LINK TO PRIM BULLETINS & NEWSLETTERS
PRIM PATRON MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FORM
PRIM INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FORM
INTERNATIONAL RUBBER CONFERENCE 2023 Haikou, Hainan, China 7-9 November 2023 – link
RubberCon 2023, Edinburgh, Scotland 10-11 May 2023 – link